A Way Out Safeguarding Children Policy Statement
A Way Out believes that children must be protected from harm at all times:
- We believe every Child should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that Children we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
- We want Children who use or have contact with this Organisation to enjoy what we have to offer in safety.
- We want Parents and Carers who use or attend our Organisation to be supported to care for their Children in a way that promotes their Child’s health and wellbeing and keeps them safe.
- We want Organisations who work with or commission work from us, or who provide funding to us to have confidence and recognise that we are a safe Organisation.
- We will achieve this by having an effective Safeguarding Children Procedure and follow National Guidance (What to Do if you’re worried a Child Is Being Abused) and Local LSCB Procedures (http://www.teescpp.org.uk).
- If we discover or suspect a Child is suffering harm we will notify Social Services, via the Stockton & Hartlepool Children’s Hub: Telephone 01429 284284 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Emergency Duty Team (Outside of Office Hours) Tel: 08702 402994 or Police: Tel: 101/999 in order that they can be protected if necessary.
- This Safeguarding Children Policy Statement and our Safeguarding Children Procedure apply to all staff, volunteers and users of A Way Out and anyone carrying out any work for us or using our premises.
We will review our Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedures at least every 2 years to make sure they are still relevant and effective
A Way Out Safeguarding Adults Policy Statement
A Way Out works in partnership to safeguard and promote the wellbeing and independence of adults living in the Boroughs of Stockton-on-Tees, who are experiencing, or at risk of abuse or neglect. This policy will become effective from March 2017
For further information or a copy of A Way Out’s Safeguarding policies please contact our Services Manager via email@example.com or telephone 01642 655071